Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It made me smile.

My neighbors across the street have been spending time with all three of their grown children--two sons and a daughter--who are back home for a visit. The daughter, who is about my age, has a daughter of her own--a winsome five-year-old named Katja with long brown hair and squirrel-bright eyes. When I ran into them a week or so ago while walking my Boxer, Honey, Katja was a little intimidated at first (and I can well understand: it would be rather easy to be intimidated by a dog who can just about look you in the eye!) but soon became quite enchanted by Honey, stroking her soft flanks with both hands while I chatted with her mother and grandmother. In fact, the longer Honey let Katja pet her, the more relaxed and animated she became, informing me with a big smile that she had often seen Honey looking out the window at her from across the street.
"Yes, she does that a lot," I replied. "She likes to have something to look at."
When the conversation ended, we said goodbye, and I forgot all about it--until a couple of mornings ago, when I looked out my window and saw, in the window across the street, a little stuffed animal--looking right back at Honey!

I nearly fell over laughing.

I just wanted to share that with you--it really has nothing to do with singing, but I thought it was a sweet little story. :-)
RM

No comments: