Thursday, September 9, 2010

YOU KIDS GET OFFA MY LAWN!

Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong time....and the wrong place....on a very strange planet...

....or maybe these cranky pants are a little too tight right now....

I was in a conversation with a younger colleague earlier this week who happened to compliment me on my skin and its youthful appearance. I shot back the stock response, "Yeah, but there's a portrait in the attic that looks like shit right about now...." and waited for the laugh.

There was a loooooonng, uncomfortable pause while she cocked her head like the RCA dog and looked at me quizzically.

"...you know, 'The Portrait of Dorian Gray'....?" I prompted.

"Oh. Who's she?"

Sweet Jeebus.

If anyone wants me, I'll be in my study, mourning the American intellect.

RM

No comments: