Monday, January 28, 2008

Bio? I don't need no stinkin' bio!

I just got asked to send ANOTHER bio off for an upcoming gig, for their program. I hate writing bios. I wasn't in the mood to do it. But, I did it anyway, and here's how it turned out;

XXXXXXXX, mezzo-soprano, managed to escape her hardscrabble hometown of XXXXXXXX in plenty of time (fifteen years early, as a matter of fact) to make her mainstage debut in the miniscule but important role (at least, that's what they told HER) of "Third Orphan" in San Francisco Opera's most recent production of "Der Rosenkavalier". She has also performed as a soloist many times with the San Francisco Symphony Chorus, Cantabile, City Concert Opera Orchestra, Redwood Symphony, and Peninsula Cantare. Among her operatic roles are Augusta Tabor (Ballad of Baby Doe), Disinganno (Il Trionfo Del Tempo E Del Disinganno), Bradamante (Alcina), Fricka and Flosshilde (Rheingold), and Larina and Filipyevna (Eugene Onegin). When pressed, however, she really would prefer walking her dog on the beach to singing. She hates writing bios.
*****

Do you think maybe it's time I went into accounting??

RM

No comments: